ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND POSITION
Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia (Rutgers Indonesia) is an association based in Indonesia and affiliated with Rutgers in the Netherlands. It works with implementation, research and advocacy partners in various provinces in Indonesia to improve sexual and reproductive health and the acceptance of sexual rights, gender equality and gender-based violence prevention. Rutgers Indonesia addresses various challenges and problems young people face regarding their sexual and reproductive health and well-being. We do this, amongst others, by empowering them through research and advocacy, program implementation, and grant management.
Rutgers Indonesia is implementing Explore4Action (E4A), Generation Gender (Gen-G), Right Here Right Now (RHRN 2), and Power to Youth (PtY) programs in 17 districts. Besides that, Rutgers Indonesia supports government programme on adolescent reproductive health and family planning. Currently, Rutgers Indonesia partners with 25 local and national NGOs, as well as government bodies. The organisation has around 25 full-time staff members based in Jakarta and Lombok, focusing on programme development, programme management, support, and fundraising.
Rutgers Indonesia in Jakarta is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Grant Management Consultant to join our organisation. The Grant Management Consultant will play a crucial role in designing, developing, implementing effective grant management policies, procedures, and schemes within our organisation.
The Grant Management Consultant will work closely with the Program and Finance Teams to develop contract and grant manual that provide guidance on policies for the solicitation, acceptance or execution, and administration of grants/awards.
- Grant Management Policy and Procedure Development:
- Lead the development of comprehensive and context-specific grant management policies, procedures (grant process, workflows), and schemes that align with our organisation’s mission and strategic objectives in the development sector.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of industry best practices and regulatory frameworks to ensure that our grant management processes adhere to the highest transparency, accountability, and impact standards.
- Collaborate with relevant departments and teams to integrate feedback and ensure that the grant management policies and procedures align with the unique needs and challenges of our NGO’s development projects.
- Provide mentoring and training for Program managers and Officers on grants administration and management.
- Grant Proposal Development:
- Collaborate closely with program managers, project teams, and technical experts to develop compelling and data-driven grant proposals that clearly articulate our NGO’s development objectives, methodologies, and expected outcomes.
- Ensure that each grant proposal is tailored to the specific requirements and guidelines of potential funding sources while highlighting our organisation’s unique approach and potential impact.
- Engage in iterative feedback processes to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of our grant proposals based on previous successes and lessons learned.
- Grant Application Management:
- Provide guidance on the grant application process, meticulously managing timelines and deadlines to ensure the timely submission of well-prepared grant proposals.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to gather all required documents and information for each grant application, paying particular attention to accuracy and completeness.
- Follow up with grantors as necessary, providing additional information, responding to inquiries, and maintaining open communication throughout the application review process.
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting:
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to develop accurate and detailed project budgets for each grant application, reflecting the proposed projects’ true costs and financial sustainability.
- Provide regular and transparent financial reports to grantors, showcasing the prudent use of funds and the measurable impact achieved through their support.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements stipulated by grantors and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay informed about and comply with all relevant regulations, legal requirements, and reporting standards related to grant funding in the development sector.
- Prepare and submit timely progress reports, impact assessments, and other documentation as specified by grantors, providing evidence of project achievements, challenges faced, and lessons learned.
- Grant Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work collaboratively with program managers to design and implement effective monitoring and evaluation frameworks for grant-funded projects.
- Regularly review project progress against set milestones and outcomes, making data-driven recommendations for adjustments or improvements as needed.
- Facilitate internal learning and knowledge sharing based on project evaluations to enhance the effectiveness and sustainability of future grant-funded initiatives.
- Grant Management Policy and Procedure
- Milestone Reports per the SOW.
Duration of the contract:
September – December 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Nonprofit Management, Public Administration) is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in grant management, proposal development, and successful grant acquisition for nonprofit organizations, government agencies, or relevant entities.
- Strong understanding of grant funding processes, including application procedures, compliance, reporting, and financial management.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to craft clear, persuasive, and well-structured grant proposals.
- Knowledge of various funding sources, grant databases, and search strategies to identify relevant opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in using computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and grant management software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the SRHR and SGBV issues will be a plus.