Based in The Country Office – Jakarta, Indonesia
About the Organization & Position
Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia (Rutgers Indonesia) is an association based in Indonesia and affiliated with Rutgers in Utrecht, Netherlands. It works with implementation, research and advocacy partners in various provinces in Indonesia to improve sexual and reproductive health and the acceptance of sexual rights, gender equality and gender-based violence prevention.
Rutgers Indonesia addresses various challenges and problems young people face regarding their sexual and reproductive health and well-being. We do this, amongst others, by empowering them through research and advocacy, program implementation and grant management.
Rutgers Indonesia is implementing Explore4Action (E4A), Generation Gender (Gen-G), Right Here Right Now (RHRN 2) and Power to Youth (PtY) programs in 17 districts. Besides that Rutgers Indonesia also supports a government programme on Adolescence Reproductive Health and family planning. Partnering with 25 local and national NGOs, and government bodies, Rutgers Indonesia provides grant management, quality assurance and quality control and technical support in implementing these programs. Our gender transformative approach, male involvement, Meaningful and Inclusive Youth Participation, the wider alliance program, and Rutgers’ central supporting role provide a strong foundation for implementing all programs. Rutgers Indonesia has excellent expertise in implementing research, undertaking advocacy, campaigning, lobbying and negotiation at the regional, national and sub-national levels. The organisation has around 25 fulltime staff members based in Jakarta and Lombok, focusing on programme development, programme management, support, fundraising.
Rutgers Indonesia in Jakarta is seeking a new Country Representative. This position is leading the Senior Management Team of Rutgers Indonesia and oversees all operations, programs, functions, and activities. The Country Representative is responsible for all management aspects of the organisation, strategic decisions, program design, relationship with the donors-partner agencies-embassies-and governments, resource mobilisation and diversification of donor supports. This position reports to Deputy Director at Rutgers Netherlands and is accountable to the foundation’s board.
As a Country Representative, you are responsible for the:
- Daily management of the country office. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure institutionally, Human Resources, financial and programmatic integrity of country office missions and priorities.
- Oversight and coordination of Rutgers programmes in Indonesia. These programmes are directly engaged by the country office or part of a larger consortium-led programme with Rutgers Indonesia in the lead.
- Leading intensive efforts to develop new programme opportunities, comprising leading programme design efforts, coordinating proposal development teams, and fundraising within Indonesia or the region.
- Developing and sustaining effective relationships with other (I)NGOs, partners, government authorities, donors, media and beneficiaries.
- Ensuring quality and sustainability of all programme approaches.
- Ensuring that country office works comply with country laws, Rutgers’s policies, and donor’s rules and requirements.
- Representing Rutgers in meetings, conferences, forums and other public events in line with programmatic strategies to contribute to raising the profile of Rutgers. This will include advocating for SRHR when and where required.
- Reporting to the Deputy Director at Rutgers in the Netherlands.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 15 years of experience managing national and international development programs, offices, and organisations, particularly non-government in Indonesia, and ten years of experience managing grants, and leading and designing programs, including quality assurance.
- Experience in leading an organisation in change.
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD), for example in public health, gender, human rights, education , other social sciences or a Master in Business Administration.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in complex international and national relationships, diverse teams, diverse implementing partners and intergeneration.
- Strong program management skills, experience, assertive communication skills, conflict resolution, sharp negotiation, and diplomacy.
- Proven successful in incorporating moral judgment and integrity in day-to-day work as well as in strategic decisions.
- Proven experience and track records in resource mobilisation – fundraising, acquisition and networking, including writing proposals.
- Experience managing compliance with diverse donors (CIDA, DFID, EU, UNFPA, USAID, GFATM etc. and various embassies, preferably including Royal Netherlands Embassy).
- Proven knowledge and experience in managing finance, admin, procurement, and human resources to ensure accountability and maintain the high integrity of Rutgers Indonesia.
- Solid knowledge of the development sector in Indonesia; a great network in SRHR, GBV, Reproductive health education, and INGOs and donors is a strong advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
What do we offer?
We offer a challenging position in an international working environment with highly motivated and qualified colleagues. Rutgers offers a competitive package of employment conditions.
Information and application
For further information relating to the position, please contact Amsakasasi Hadi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit your CV and Motivation Letter in English on our online job application form via the following link: Country representative Indonesia – Rutgers
Applications for this position should be submitted on April 20, 2023, COB Jakarta time.
This vacancy is published simultaneously internally and externally.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed to reply to this advertisement.