Recruitment of Accountant
|1-year full time with possible extension
A. About Rutgers Indonesia
Rutgers Indonesia is a not-for-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focusing on advancing the fulfilment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfil human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. Together with our partners, we innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matters in their lives.
B. Main Purpose of This Position
Under guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accountant will provide financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of the financial system. The Accountant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with Rutgers WPF Indonesia policies and procedures. He/she will provide support to the Finance Unit with emphasis on the following areas: checking completeness of payment request, entering journal entry and field office report transactions, taking a lead on TAR/TER transactions, and providing special reports as requested in relation to the financial business or country office.
The Accountant will also work in close collaboration with program staff to exchange information and ensure consistent and timely service delivery.
C. Key Areas of Accountability
· Verify payment request document from Finance Assistant in the country office to ensure accuracy and coding for journal entry.
· On time review, vouching and enter/import journal into Exact systems and reconciliations of Cash and Bank.
· Analyze balance sheet accounts and prepare reconciliation reports to ensure monthly and yearly closing are done accurately.
Ensure all monthly closing steps, such as:
a. Carry out aging schedule
b. Follow up settlement with staff
c. Enter journal of exchange gain/loss due to currency differences
d. Enter journal of fixed assets depreciation
e. Enter journal of prepayments amortization
· Prepare regular analysis on financial schedules and take action appropriately.
· Conduct staff orientation and policy refreshment/awareness – provide information to staff for finance structure, tasks, and procedures.
· Supervise the finance documents filing in an orderly and secure manner for easy track to facilitate auditor’s sampling.
· Support finance team in remote locations.
· Manage field office report from submission until payment to make sure the report is accurate, on time, and inputted to Exact.
· Manage personal accounts of staff to make sure the balance is accurate, in time and confirmed by staff.
· Carry out and record a cash count with the Finance Assistant at least once each month (on the last day of the month).
· Provide outstanding staff advance information to the Finance Manager monthly.
· Take a lead on TAR/TER transactions to make sure TAR/TER policies and procedures work well.
· Post adjustment journal when there is an error in an entry made in the general ledger, and adjustment journal that may also be required where an entry has been made to a holding budget code while waiting for further information on the correct budget code to use.
· Provide assistance on preparing close-out documentation at the end of sub-granting cycles in compliance with Rutgers WPF Indonesia policies and procedures and donor requirements.
· Provide assistance on audit sampling to get justification from program staff.
· Prepare monthly income tax reports – PPh Pasal 21, 23, 25, 26, 4(2), and report them to the tax office on time.
· Ensure that fixed assets are acquired and disposed of only upon proper authorization, are adequately safeguarded and are properly recorded.
· Improve efficiency of financial operation (e.g. improve financial policies and procedures).
· Significant other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager related to the Indonesia country program.
(Decision making responsibilities (Scope & Impact on the organization on decisions made by this position)
The Accountant is expected to make decisions for his/her work area, but not the unit. Requires approval from Finance Manager.
D. Minimum Requirements
- Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Financial Management
- Minimum Work Experience
– Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant accounting experience at the national or international level.
– Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, etc.)
– Experience in using Exact Financial system is advantage
E. Skills and Competencies
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
· Basic administrative and documentation skills.
· Strong character who can work under pressure, conscious about meeting deadlines.
· Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
· Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams.
· Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
· Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills (Indonesian and English).
· Willing to seek information and learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
· Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
· Willing to receive feedback from others.
· Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
F. Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
1. The supporting documents of payment request are complete and accurate following Rutgers WPF Indonesia policies and procedures and donor requirements.
2. Financial document filing is easy to find and trackable.
3. Staff advance and settlement are up to date, accurate and on time submission.
4. The balance of personal accounts is up to date, accurate and well informed on a monthly basis.
5. TAR/TER policies and procedures are implemented well by staff.
6. Balance sheet items are reconciled, explained, measured and followed up.
Rutgers Indonesia is an organization that enforces a code of ethics to prevent fraud and violence against women and children. Tracing of records of violations will be carried out carefully.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement.